GUIDED INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO FOR LIVE EVENT
Guided video has been relocated to the HOMEPAGE.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION FOR CHAIRS AND SPEAKERS
A) ANY TIME BEFORE YOUR SESSION SCHEDULELaunch the official website https://familydoctorseurope2020.gcon.cz/ using CHROME or Microsoft EDGE browser
- Log In (see the „log in“ sign in the right up corner) with your e-mail
- Once you fill in your e-mail address and press next, the password will be sent to your e-mail address automatically (coming from e-mail address email@example.com)
- Now you are logged in and you can firstly click on the folder “SPEAKERS READY ROOM”
- Follow the WIZZARD feature step by step to test your device and settings
- Once this test is completed and you hear sound and see video slide on step 5 you should be ready for LIVE part of your PRESENTATION (the DISCUSSION)
(if you do not hear the sound and see the video slide on step 5 there might be some institution firewall blocking the connection, try to use any other public or private WIFI or mobile hot spot, also be sure that your institution is not blocking the port 9000 - this would have to be question for your IT department)
B) AT LEAST 5-10 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SESSION SCHEDULE
- After you went through the virtual SPEAKERS READY ROOM click on the folder “MY REMOTE PARTICIPATION”
- You can see the list of your sessions you are part of
- You can also see the exact time of your presentation(s) and the text with flag icon: Starting approximately in: ….. mins
- Once it is your turn the button “Enter the session” will be activated and you can click on it
This will lead you to the live stream and you are now “ON AIR” you will be hearing the Technical Support talking to you
- SPEAKER - Please note as a Speaker you can hear everyone in the session talking however you cannot communicate (you will not be heard) until it is your turn and the technical support will activate your presentation slot
- CHAIR - Please note as a Chair you can hear everyone in the session room talking and you can also talk to anyone but only other chairs and/or the speaker whose presentation is just being shown/played can talk to you back. Also note that as a CHAIR you will be connected with audio and please also make sure your webcam is switched ON. The videoregie (technical support) will launch your webcam (both chairs) for introduction and always for Q&A after each presentation.
- Our technical support will talk to you and explain how the system works and if all your devices are working well.
On the right side panel there are two important folders:
- QUESTIONS – you can see here all questions popping up from the audience, the role of CHAIR will be to choose those interesting once and putting them to the speaker so the SPEAKERS can answer orally after his pre-recorded presentation is over
- CHAT - the chat folder serves as a private communication channel between chairs and speakers, audience cannot see it
TECHNICAL PRE-REQUISITESFor correct function of the online Conference platform please follow the minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows or Mac OS based device
- Latest Chrome and Microsoft Edge internet browsers (other browsers are not fully supported)
- Noise cancelling headphones with microphone to reduce background noise
- Stable Internet connection (minimum 10/10Mbps)
To attend the Virtual Conference, please visit the live conference website and click the User Login link in the top right corner of the page.
The site will request your login credentials (email address and password)
- On your first login attempt the site will ask you to provide your email address (your email address - the e-mail address you were registering with), your password will be automatically sent to this address (it is coming from the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org).
- !! Please note the LOGIN to the LIVE part of the Conference will be available for SPEAKERS from December 3 !!
- !!! Please note the password for Virtual Library differs from the password for LIVE STREAM !!!
SPEAKERS READY ROOM AND SELF TESTING
Your equipment and the internet connectivity can influence the performance and quality of the virtual Conference stream. It is highly recommended to first test these in the SPEAKERS READY ROOM.
- Please make sure to visit the SPEAKERS READY ROOM no later than 30 minutes before your session starts, to cede us adequate amount of time to provide you support in case you are facing technical issues.
To test the stream quality (only available for Chairs and Speakers):
- Visit the SPEAKERS READY ROOM
- The testing wizard will guide you through the process, to proceed through the test, press the Next step button
- First test will check your internet connection speeds and browser version.
- Be aware that the internet speed test is done against our virtual Conference platform directly and may not reflect the local internet speed guaranteed by your provider.
- After testing your microphone, camera and screen sharing the final test will verify that your network has port 9000 enabled which is required for the screen sharing and live stream connection. If all is successfully tested, you will see a video stream confirming all tests went OK.
- If any of these tests fail, please contact the technical support directly
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (SPEAKERS, CHAIRS)
To participate in your session as a speaker or a chair, please navigate to MY REMOTE PARTICIPATION. This will enable you to actively contribute to the session, speak, present etc. after the technical chair enables these features to you.
After entering MY REMOTE PARTICIPATION section, you will see your assigned sessions only
To join the session, click on: Enter the Session button
- This button will be active only after the session is open for participation
- Button is active 10 minutes before the start time of the session
Your microphone is automatically activated as soon as you enter the session, and you are able to speak to the audience, to other chairs and all speakers in the session for the duration of the session.
- You will also hear our technical support, who will be allowed to speak to current presenting speakers at your request.
- Under the preview of the ongoing presentation, you can always see the schedule of the entire session and who is already remotely present in this session (their names are highlighted in green).
- The chair moderates the session/ single presenter: he/she introduces the author and manages all questions during the life discussion of the sessions.
- The co-chair remains in the background and he/she is responsible to observe the chat box. He or she can always raise any of the questions in the Q&A box which was not answered yet. In case of technical problems, the co-chair informs the technical support of Guarant to provide help. He/she shell be also responsible for keeping the time of the session.
After entering the session, you can hear the chairs and the current speaker and see a preview of currently running presentations.
- Your microphone and presentation sharing remain inactive until enabled by the chair.
- The technical support will automatically launch your pre-recorded presentation.
- Once your pre-recorded presentation is over and when enabled/prompted by the chair, a screen-sharing window will automatically appear on the screen and your microphone will be activated for discussion.
Please make sure you have provided your pre-recorded presentation in advance by December 7, 2020.
Before entering the session, please make sure that you have passed the Speakers Ready Room test.
LIVE STREAM AND Q&A
To attend the running sessions, you can find the full Conference program under the Live Stream button. Here find your desired section/hall and the list of sessions will be presented to you. Please click on the Room to enter the stream.
Under Live Stream there is a one Virtual Room available according to the program:
- Once you click on the room, you enter live stream Conference.
- For having open program next to the live streaming, we suggest to open program on another tab of the web browser.
Questions: Serves as chat for the currently running presentation. It is closed when the presentation ends and cleared before start of next presentation.
Discussion: Is open for the whole room and available through-out the full duration of the event for continuous discussion.
! During your presentation, the questions are reviewed by the chair and will be read by him/her after your presentation ends.
In case you face technical difficulties and need support from our technical team, please contact us through the Helpdesk menu. Here you can find links to download system manuals or use the Chat option to communicate directly with our support personnel.
Type your message to the chat box and click send, this will add your chat in to our support queue and one of our agents will reply to you as soon as possible.
- You can leave the chat and return to it at any time, it will stay saved for you.
- You can have the chat open in separate browser window while still watching the live stream or visiting other part of the online event.
The Helpdesk operating hours are:
- Wednesday, December 16 - 14:00-20:00 CET
- Thursday, December 17 - 08:30-19:30 CET
- Friday, December 18 - 08:30-19:30 CET
- Saturday, December 19 - 08:30-14:30 CET
In case of urgent matter, you can also contact our agents from Wednesday, December 16; (2 PM CET) on HOT LINES
HOT LINE 1: +420 601 584 203 (including VdGM pre-conference)
HOT LINE 2: +420 601 322 107 (only for WORKSHOPS, on Thursday and Friday)
HOT LINE 3: +420 601 584 319